Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mexico City visit / Paradita en DF

I decided to spend a day in Mexico city on my way back to Oaxaca to visit a good friend of mine, a gifted violinist who I met in NY about a decade ago. Back then, I was working as a researcher for CUNY (the City University of New York) and interviewed Mexicans for a living. It was awesome, I got to meet many fascinating Mexicans like Humberto !

Decidi pasar un dia en el DF en camino de regreso a Oaxaca para visitar a mi buen amigo, un violinista virtuoso a quien conoci en NYC hace como una decada. En ese entonces, yo trabajaba de investigadora para CUNY (la Universidad de la CIudad de NY) y entrevistaba a Mexicanos. Fue increible, me toco entrevistar a muchos Mexicanos interesantes como Humberto !

Anyhow, it was a short visit but we squeezed in: drinking wine, eating "gringas" (famous tacos in Mexico), touring nice neighborhoods in Mexico City: Coyoacan, Roma, Zona Rosa and La Condesa.

En fin, la visita fue corta pero aun asi cupimos: el tomar vino, ir por unos tacos "gringas", dar el tour de vecindarios bonitos como: Coyoacan, Roma, Zona Rosa y la Condesa.

After having bagels for breakfast, which made me feel in NY ! I realized I could live in Mexico City for a month one day. It is such a cosmopolitan city that offers great variety of things, and its very lively. This, as a New Yorker, I like !

Despues de desayunar bagles, lo cual me hizo sentirme en NY ! me di cuenta que podria vivir en el DF por un mes, y quizas lo haga algun dia ! Como ciudad cosmopolita ofrece gran variedad de cosas, y tiene mucha vida. Esto, como Neuyorkina, me gusta !

I hope you like the photos I took mainly of the Flea markets we visited on Sunday. One was in Colonia Roma and the other one is more popular "La Lagunilla" and somewhat of a "must see" in this huge city. They're known for having Mexican Vintage and Antiques as well as pop culture art. http://www.revistabuenviaje.com/conocemexico/destinos/df/lagunilla/mercado_lagunilla.php
This is where I had the best tamarind "Michelada" of my life ! and I got a cool necklace which I hope to keep forever ;)

Espero que les gusten las fotos que tome en los mercados pulga que visitamos el Domingo. Uno estaba en Colonia Roma y el otro es mas popular "La Lagunilla" .  Son conocidos por tener antiguedades y arte de cultura pop.
http://www.revistabuenviaje.com/conocemexico/destinos/df/lagunilla/mercado_lagunilla.php.
Aqui es donde probe la Mejor Michelada de Tamarindo de mi vida ! y tambien compre un collar lindo del que espero nunca desprenderme ...hehe...

                                          Con el "dream team" Mexico City DF !



                                         would you like some meat? lol / gusta mas carne? jaja
                                                              with Fer







Michelada de tamarindo ! You must try it if you come !
                                                                  @ Angel de Reforma
                                                        Girls night out @ Condesa

No comments:

Post a Comment