Friday, June 15, 2012

Arrival in Guanajuato / Llegada a Guanajuato

It was a long bus ride, I left Oaxaca for Mexico City at midnight yesterday and transferred there for a bus to Guanajuato 2 hours later at 8:30am. I finally got here at 1:30pm with a destination "somewhat unknown".

I had contacted some folks via couchsurfing.org, a website I used to travel and meet locals last summer. My intention was to stay with someone in the city so that they could perhaps help me find a place to rent, which is what I'm looking to do in these 3 weeks.

A nice girl appeared, she's a 23 year old yogui student and she said I could stay with her all through my stay. I was so happy !

But after a couple of days she didn't reply with her address and I was lucky to recieve another invitation to stay a couple of nights with Lorel Daniel at Lemuria Center which website I visited and found it to be an hacienda : http://www.lemuriacenter.com/

When I found out Lemuria is only 25 minutes from the city, I figured I should stay there, take an opportunity to get nourished, be quiet, figure out my living situation and then move again.


                          My arrival to Lemuria Center, was like ghost town only hills and wind...

                            Recieved by a nourishing meal at Lemuria..... ate with Robert and Lorel




My room is called "De las Flores" /Day of Flowers and my Mexican first name means "Flower from Heaven" this is how I'm feeling right now. I lucked out by being here.....



No comments:

Post a Comment