Monday, June 4, 2012

Welcome back ! / Bienvenida

I'm here ! In Oaxaca after one year without having my favorite dishes, because nothing tastes like those dishes from home.. this is also my first time here in a summer in 20 years ! I think I've always left the Mexican sun for my winters in NY and ironically this time, it was the winter weather of Argentina that brought me here, since that was going to be my intended destination until I realized I need sun and warm weather for my summer vacation, for my time of Relax !

And so, destiny brought me here and just like the girl from Arkansas that I met on the flight here, I also have a list of things I'm yearning to do. She wants to dance salsa and eat tacos and I want to write and do leisurly activities and eat my tlayudas !

I already went for my black mole, my micheladas, my leche quemada  with tuna ices in great company of my favorite childhood friends, those who shaped my formative years. And this morning I had mole tamales with my father and with these meals I consider myself: Officially here !
Ya estoy aqui ! En Oaxaca depues de un anio sin mis platillos favoritos y por primera vez en un verano despues de 20 anios ! Creo que siempre dejo el sol de Mexico para venir en los frios inviernos de NY e ironicamente fue el frio de Argentina que me trajo aqui esta vez, ya que estaba destinado mi verano alla, hasta que me di cuenta que no queria  el clima frio, para veranear en mi hora relax ! 

Entonces, por cosas de la vida, vine aqui, sin planearlo mucho y asi como regreso una chica de Arkansas que conoci en el vuelo de llegada, regrese yo por mis antojos. Ella para bailar salsa y comer tacos  y yo para escribir y encontrar actividad relajantes  y para comer mis tlayudas!

Ya fui por mi mole negro, mis micheladas, mi nieve de leche quemada con tuna al Tule y lo mas importante, ya tuve chance de reconectar con mis amigas que fueron parte importante y escencial de mis anios formativos. Hoy desayune los tipicos tamales de mole con mi papa y me doy por servida: oficialmente ya estoy aqui EN LA HORA RELAX !


 
Mole Negro
Oaxacan Tamal

No comments:

Post a Comment