Tuesday, June 19, 2012

First Impressions/ Primeras impresiones

I'm in Mexico's mini-Europe, except prices are much better and people are much more... Mexican ! I wanted it this way this summer, a latinamerican european version for inspiration in my life.

One can find everything here, even NYC bagels (which I found at a local Cafe Tal last night) as I headed for a free concert at the Principal Theater by fellow Puerto Ricans. Last night was a fun outing, I went into local shops mainly catered to students since its a big University town, and I passed by a few awesome restaurants and bars I visited when I was here with my sister over a year ago...

I can't wait to go back and explore the nightlife here, there are a lot of cultural events going on and now I'm longing to make friends. An expert inner voice tells me to not worry, those friends will come, because there is nothing better than sharing experiences with local people. They are the ones that give you the best insights of a town...

                           lots of musicians and colorful characters in Gto

                                              a "caballero" on his way to work in a bus

                                        my new living room :)

                              the garden where the bird noises that wake me up in the morning come from
             


                                                       my room
                                               roaming around the streets of Guanajuato !
Constant contrasts of Old and New, Colonialism and Modernism, surround this city

No comments:

Post a Comment