Friday, June 22, 2012

Healthy Friday ! / Viernes de salud !

Its been an awesome day so far... went for my morning run up the Guanajuato mountains and really challenged my self though at moments I thought I was going to pass out. Breathing, breathing a lot was part of the recovery and what kept me through the 30 min run and 1 hour walk, and the knowledge that, slowly but surely, I will get my fitness back.

Then I came to my little new home, how lovely the newness of life is ! I said hello to my new 3 dogs, whiskey, negro and chato and had a pretty wholesome breakfast.

As I prepared myself a salad as a side dish for lunch, along Lulu the woman who takes care of the house here, I confessed that I never take care of myself this way in New York. Over there, my life revolves around comfort food. I'm happy to wake up and get a street bagel and coffee on the streets, eat out for lunch, pizza, chinese, etc or make myself a pasta at home which consists of pasta and ragu sauce...

Come to think of it, I have no nutritional value over there. I used to work on it when I was running marathons but I lost it and this trip to Mexico seems to tell me that I'M DETOXIFYING. Just by starting to crave vegetables and fruit, this is good.

So thank you Mexico for helping me wake up and think "green". I hope to go back to NY with a bunch of new recipe's Lulu is teaching me that are simple, easy and healthy and continue with this healthy lifestyle !

"we are what we eat" - I'm considering being less processed and chemically toxic and getting greener instead ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment