Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Signs that I'm "too" Mexican / Seniales de ser "demasiado" Mexicana...

So I'm sipping some wine in my room, this is great wine, and I'm munching on some manchego cheese and pastel de tamal (the mexican version of lasagna but made with corn husk) and I'm celebrating LIFE tonight ! It's been a great evening at Teatro Juarez where I heard an actor perform some readings by Juan Rulfo and Miss Orosco. What's great about it is that the theme went with what I'm trying to do, publish a book and promote literacy at the same time.

And so while in my room, ecstatic, I look around me and realize I'm "too Mexican" as I see evidence infront of me that proves it... I laugh at myself... but I love it, because I like being Mexican....


SIGNS: A mexican hat, 3, THREE! bags of Chile powder for salads and fruit, Nivea Cream for the face (this cream has a connection with women who like mexican soap operas which is something you should never watch), corona soap for laundry..... MEXICAN WINE from Baja California (ONLY MEXICANS KNOW WE HAVE GREAT WINE AND NOT ONLY TEQUILA !!!) and........... yes, i laugh at myself for having canned Raja Chiles in my room !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Reading tonight at Teatro Juarez
loving the red

No comments:

Post a Comment